Thursday, November 19, 2009

San Francisco

Today I headed out from Tahoe over to San Francisco. The drive took me over the Sierra mountains which were covered with ice and a little bit of snow. It was an epic drive which I really enjoyed. I made it into San Fran during the early afternoon and spent the day hanging out by the water. I walked along a couple of piers and was able to check out the port building. This was converted into a type of high class market which had a few places that I have seen on the travel channel or food network. It was a pretty cool place to go. I ate a burrito at some place that Neil found on the internet and spent a few hours driving around the city. It is wierd to actually make it out here and see all these places you have seen on TV or in pictures for years. I was able to drive past Gilman street where Green Day played their first shows, and see a lot of streets that I have heard or read about. Because of all the play that San Francisco has gotten from TV, Music, and Books it has gotten to the point that I feel I already know the city. When I was about to drive across the Golden Gate Bridge I had an "Oh Shit" moment where I couldnt believe that I was actually about the experience this. I will never forget that short drive, it was a milestone moment for me. After crossing the bridge I got to Marin County and was able to search out Aunt Pam's house and spent the evening with her. We went out to a nice dinner at Marin Joe's and got some great Italian food. Im beat and will need a lot of rest for tomorrow so I am going to crash.
-O

No comments:

Post a Comment