Sunday, November 8, 2009

6 Months

Well im back in the parking lot of Church's Chicken mooching Internet. This will probably be the second to last time I have to resort to living dependent on the good will of the chicken shack. I wanted to catch some of the Bears/Cardinals game on NFL.com, but apparently the bears are playing so badly that its not even worth it. Im actually starting to be glad that I cant watch the game on TV because this is turning into a pretty unwatchable season, but once I get back home I will gratefully suffer through the humiliation of being a bears fan as long as I am in my comfort zone in Graneys.

This weekend I have been hanging around the house getting things picked up and packed. I have a little more work to do tonight and tomorrow I will have to sign out the vacuum from the housing office to make sure I leave the place nice and clean. Yesterday I went to the flea market in town and picked up a few counterfeit dvds for only a few bucks, then went to the overlooks at the north rim of canyon de chelly. I was going to hike the white house trail, but ive been pretty exhausted so I put my energies into other outlets. Tonight I am going to finish up the house so that I can get out of here asap on tuesday.

The big significance of today is that I will be graduating in exactly 6 months. Its hard to believe that I only have 11 more weeks of rotations left and I will be done with rotations in March. I know that I have interviews next weekend and that I have spent the past few weeks ordering business cards, gathering salary data, and getting my CV in order but I dont really think that it has set in yet. All I know is that after nearly 7 years of school it is hard to believe that it is coming to an end. The prospect of having to be a grownup is kind of scary, but Im sure that I can handle it. Its just a good feeling to see the light at the end of the tunnel, or as Dr. d'Oney once put it "you spent the past few years shoveling horse shit and you finally found your pony"

Im so disgusted of this game right now im going to skip the 4th quarter and head home. I will probably post something tomorrow to sum up my experience in Chinle, then I will be in Salt Lake City with some friends for a few days before heading back to Albany for interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment