Monday, November 2, 2009

Rock out with your clock out

11/1/09

Why did nobody warn me it was daylight savings time. That would have been the perfect Halloween costume, just write "Daylight Savings Time" on a tshirt and show up an hour late. Why do I always have these epiphanies the day after an event?

Last night in Durango was fun. I went out to a few bars and even got to go to the Ska Brewery. Since Ska is my favorite genre of music and I love breweries it was just about perfect, unfortunately they didnt have any growlers in stock so I wont be able to add that one to my collection, I may call them and have them ship one once I get home. Since it was Halloween all the crazies were out, I typically dont care about holidays, especially ones that dont make much sense like Halloween, but it looked like everyone in their costumes was having fun. The best costume that I saw was a guy dressed up like bacon, it was an awesome idea and would have only been made better if I would have followed through with my idea for a bacon scented cologne.

This morning I spent in Durango walking around downtown. Because of daylight savings time and all the time zone changes I have been going through I wake up at random times. I am either exhausted or I am wide awake at 6am. Today I was awake 2 hours before my wake up call and spent some time writing post cards and catching up on sports news. I have taken to marking down what time the wakeup call goes off and telling the staff when I check out, todays was 4 minutes late, yesterdays was 16. This might seem petty, but what if I had an important meeting, 16 minutes is a lot of get ready time. I went to lunch at this place John the pharmacist recommended called Steamworks, apparently they had one of the top rated beers at the American brewers festival last year, so I had to try it. It was pretty damn good Durango has a lot of breweries and I only got to go to a few, the extra breweries may entice me to come back. I skipped Mesa Verde because I am starting to get sick of all these national parks, so I just headed back to Cortez and then off to the 4 corners.

The 4 corners park was basically a flat piece of concrete surrounded with flags. It was cool to stand in 4 states at once and to walk around the monument, but it wasnt too big of a deal. I was also pretty pissed off at the family in front of me where the kids were acting like brats and the parents were yelling and threatening. That kind of takes the fun out of going anywhere.

Tomorrow starts my last full week at the rotation site, and I get 2 days in the off site clinics and possibly another day in the anticoag clinic.
-O

No comments:

Post a Comment