Monday, November 9, 2009

Last Night

So tonight is my last night in Chinle and im excited to get out of here. I had everything pretty much packed after yesterday but I cleaned and vacuumed the house and only have one bag to bring out tomorrow morning. Today I kicked in super time crunch pressure speed and was able to get everything done. In fact I was so efficient that I had pretty much everything all set before lunch. I was able to kill the afternoon by doing busy work and tweaking the projects and reports that I finished over the morning. I would up with a decent 5 page report on parenteral anticoagulants, a 2 page handout on crystal meth, and a 25 page powerpoint on meth use and abuse. I am excited to get out here. I know that it has been a great experience and this rotation was the catalyst for me getting out here, but I am about ready to get back to civilization. Over the course of the next 23 to 24 days I will be driving almost 6000 miles, heading to dozens of states, and hopefully having the adventure of a lifetime.
I am excited to get up to Salt Lake City tomorrow. I get a chance to see several friends who I dont see or talk to as much as I would like. Ever since I first saw the movie SLC Punk almost 8 years ago I have had a pretty cool obsession with the city. I was out there in 2008 for a conference which was one of the best experiences that I have ever had and I am psyched to get out there. On Wednesday I may head up to Idaho and Wyoming and spend some time wandering around SLC. My flight leaves on Thursday around noon. I dont like to fly so ive got to deal with a few extra nerves over the next couple of days, but ill deal.
Ill try to update from SLC or when I get back in Albany.
-O

No comments:

Post a Comment