Friday, November 27, 2009

The road to Tennessee

The trip up from New Orleans to Tennessee was relatively quick and uneventful. Normally I wouldnt have been looking forward to a 7 hour drive, but now its like "only 7 hours, thats nothing." I got out of the hotel early and was on the highway within minutes. I10 took me across Lake Pontchartrain and I was impressed with the size of the lake. One of the most interesting part for me was driving across the bridge that linked the two sides. I bridge was several miles long and impecably maintained, and there was another similar bridge close by. Not to toot the horn for the people who maintain the bridges and levees especially if they are closing the barn door after the horse got out. Its just that the combined efforts of the NY and VT DOTs cannot maintain both of the bridges over Lake Champlain which resulted in one getting closed and peoples jobs getting screwed up.
I stopped in Hattiesburg, Mississippi to get a burrito in Brett Farve's home town. I also stopped just outside of Birmingham to grab a burrito so I never have to go back to Alabama. I booked into a days inn for my last night in a hotel for the trip. For the next 4 or 5 nights ill be staying with friends and family which should be fun. I should have knocked off the Tennessee burrito when I was here almost 2 years ago for a ski weekend. I was staying in the alumni cabin and there were people cooking every day so that I didnt have a chance to go out and find a mexican place. On the way out of I opted against getting a breakfast burrito at Sonic, and ironically I will be going to Sonic tomorrow morning to get the burrito.

I will be heading into Atlanta tomorrow afternoon and will be getting a chance to see several friends in the area and explore. I should be a good time and im looking forward to it. Im excited to be heading home, only 5 or so more days and I can relax for a bit and not have to worry about driving several hours at a stretch.
-O

No comments:

Post a Comment