Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Busy Weekend

This weekend was crazy, busy, and at times crazybusy. I flew in on Thursday night and was able to catch a ride back to Morris where I resumed my position sleeping on the fouton mattress on the floor of the storeroom. I was glad to have a place to stay and got to spend some quality time with Tim, Tom, and Aaron. On Friday I borrowed Lou's car while he slept after working the night shift. This gave me the opportunity to go out and get some errands done before the weekend kicked off. I got my resumes printed and was able to get in to Career Fair to speak with a few companies. I was frustrated because most of these companies werent willing to tell us if they were hiring so it was kind of a waste of time. I was able to get in to the bookstore and get my diploma frame ordered and looked into getting the class ring. Because of the price of gold the rings are going to cost almost $1000 but ill eventually raise the money. When I got back to Morris I was surprised to find that there was going to be a party held there rather than the peaceful and relaxing night that I imagined. Luckily it broke up relatively early so I was able to get a few hours of sleep before my 9AM interviews.

On Saturday I woke up to pouring rain and had to walk about 20 minutes to school in a downpour. Luckily the first person I interviewed with was jsut as soaked as I was. I interviewed with Kinneys, Walgreens, Price Chopper, and Rite Aid. I think that Kinneys was impressed but there arent any or many openings so I dont know if they will be extending an offer. Walgreens probably has openings and is impressed with my history and previous flexibility for the company, Price chopper was hard to read, and the Rite Aid guy was very impressed. Hopefully I will get at lease 2 offers back so I have options, but as long as one of them extends an offer then I will be all set. If not I am going to contact Hannaford and a few hospitals in the area. After Interviews I went to wingding and hung out with everybody for a few hours. I made it back to Graneys and then crashed for the night. Sunday I went out to breakfast with the guys, then went to Graneys to watch football and eventually back to Morris.

I am currently on a 2 hour layover in Detroit and then going to Salt Lake City, then driving into Nevada tonight. Ill be in Reno tomorrow afternoon and then in San Francisco on Wednesday night.
-O

No comments:

Post a Comment