Monday, November 2, 2009

Not alone anymore

Yesterday I returned from the 4 corners to find that I had a roommate. A med student named Ravi moved in over the weekend. The people in the housing office told me that they would warn me if someone was moving in and since I didnt hear anything I assumed nobody was coming. I left the house in a hurry on Friday trying to beat darkness when heading up to Moab, so the place was a mess. I feel embarrassed and ashamed that he had to show up and see crap all over since im a slob. I know that wasnt the best foot I could have put forward or the most welcoming thing I could do. He was out hiking when I showed up so I did my best to clean everything up before he showed up so I hopefully redeemed myself in his eyes. He is a really cool guy, who is originally from Long Island. He had just spend 10 weeks in Argentina working at a hospital there so he has some petty cool stories. I have read several books set in Argentina and have always thought it was a neat place, so these stories fascinate me. Im only going to be in this house for 7 more nights but it will be cool to have some company while im still here. I will be sticking around this weekend to pack and get ready for the drive home. I will probably hike the White House trail in Canyon de Chelly again too. Its kind of scary how much I like hiking now. I dont go on the super hard trails, but I have kind of fallen in love with the idea of going out to the woods and just hiking and being left to my own thoughts. I will have to spend some time on the east coast doing some hiking in the Adirondacks or the Green Mountains.

On the home front I have been able to get all my ducks in a row. I have my interviews set up, Im staying at Morris that weekend, Grassi is taking my CV and References list to Staples to get them printed, and my business cards came in today. I will be flying out of SLC on the afternoon of thurs the 11th and leaving albany around noon on monday the 16th so if you want to catch up you can find me then. Im pretty psyched to be able to finally interview, while its been a few nerveracking months and I will be glad when I finally get an offer it is still pretty cool to see how my entire future can be determined over the course of a weekend.

I watched Hi Fidelity last night and was reminded of two things, how much I hate John Kusack, and how many adventures you can have just in normal life. It took me really being on a big time adventure to realize all the little adventures that I went on in the past few years when I thought I was just going through the motions. After having several people throw around the term bucket list in the past few weeks I have also decided to set one up. I used to have one when I was about 14, but I have changed so much that I really need to set up a new one. I think that most of it will include travel, but im sure that there are a lot of really cool things that I can toss on there.

Thats if for today

No comments:

Post a Comment