Monday, October 5, 2009

The Final Countdown

The title says it all, this is truly the final countdown. My car is packed, the atlas is purchased, the route is mapped, and the no doz is stocked up on. The only thing standing between me and the road is 12 hours of rotation. Ive got a few minor things to take care of, but for the most part im ready. Today I cashed in my savings bonds in order to free up some extra funds for the trip. The little asian girl at the bank said it best "this bond is older than I am," so thanks for everyone who gave baby Owen savings bonds. What bugs me is that one bond is from 2001, who gives a 16 year old a savings bond, apparently im so disappointed that I blocked that memory from my mind.

On another front I have found a job. While its not the big boy job that I have been looking for. My former preceptor, Sal, is the coordinator of the lab at ACPHS Vermont. He was able to set up a part time position as a lab instructor and offered it to me. We have talked about this in the past but now that it has been formally offered I feel pretty good about it. It is only a 8 to 10 hours a week but its a foot in the door. Who knows this could have the potential for a full time position in a few years. This may also be a selling point for companies, but we shall see.

That is about all for now, I probably wont have a chance to post tomorrow, but ill hopefully post while on the road.
-O

1 comment:

  1. What's wrong with savings bonds at 16? I can understand if your 68 it might pushing it...

    ReplyDelete