Wednesday, October 7, 2009

On the first day God made pepsi max

Ok its been a long day so this will hopefully be a short one.

I am currently sitting at a Super 8 motel in Kent, OH a little more than 500 miles into the 2400 mile road trip.

Today started with my typical rush hour empire state plaza commute followed by 6 hours at Lindsay Drug in Troy where I accomplished approximately 45 minutes of work. This rotation was trying for me because it was my 2nd community rotation in a row and I was bored out of my mind. I did get to learn a lot of DME and wound care, as well as some pharmacy type business so it wasnt a complete waste. Once I got out of rotation I hit the Thruway all they way to Buffalo and down to Erie, PA. That drive was relatively uneventful except for an EZpass that only works when it wants to, helping a guy find his tire iron, and seeing people drive 80 miles an hour through an epic downpour. Once in PA I was looking for a truck stop to gas. I pulled into what looked liek a truck stop, only to find out that the place with all the glowing lights and trucks in the parking lot was not a truck stop but an Adult novelties store. After driving around the building looking for gas pumps I realized my mistake and headed on down the road, but I thought it was a pretty funny mixup. From there it was smooth driving through relatively empty roads through Ohio. I had to make a small detour to get my Ohio burrito only to find out that the place the GPS wanted me to go was closed, I would up only being able to get a premade burrito from a Circle K, but it was a burrito none the less. For those who dont know my quest to eat a burrito in each state (Burritos across the US), its pretty self explanatory. Today makes 15 states plus New Jersey (not a state), and I plan on getting 2 or 3 states cleared out tomorrow.

Plans for tomorrow are to go to the football hall of fame in Canton, OH then go to Cincy, Louisville, cut across Indiana and Illonois and hit St Louis by tomorrow night. Friday will hopefully include a trip to the Gateway arch and the Budweiser brewery. Ill try to update from the road as often as I can but the main goal is getting where I need to go safely and quickly. Now its time to rest and get ready for tomorrow.
-O

No comments:

Post a Comment