Thursday, September 17, 2009

in the beginning there was blog

First of all I would like to publish a disclaimer:
If you dont know me well then please leave. Its not that I am trying to be antisocial or secretive, because after all I am posting this stuff on the internet. If you dont know me that well then you probably wont get my humor and most of the things I may write or say wont make sense. If you still feel the need to read this even if you dont know me then please dont bother me with comments or feedback, Im pretty busy and dont want to waste more of my time than this blog already will. Sorry to sound like a prick but this is now it is.

Now on to what is really important.

By now im sure that everyone knows that im a 6th year pharmacy intern on a series of 5-10 week rotations. I have completed a 10 week institutional rotation at Porter Hospital in Middlebury, VT, a 5 week rotation at Kinney Drugs/Rite Aid in Burlington, VT and am currently at Lindsay Drugs in Troy, NY. My next stop on rotations is at the Chinle Comprehensive Health Center in Chinle, AZ on the Navajo reservation. This poses several difficulties, first and formost is that it is 2400 miles from home and the cost of renting a car for 5 weeks is over $2000. So how will this problem be solved? Answer: Epic Roadtrip. The tentative start date is October 7th with tentative overnight stays in Canton, OH, St Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Albuquerque, NM and finally arriving in Chinle on October 11th. So where does the blog fit in? Answer: Im not sure. Im not trying to chronicle my travels like Jack Kerouac or Anthony Bordain, but im simply trying to keep a record. I dont know if anyone will read this, or if they will care, and im ok with that. If you do want to read it then fine, Ill do my best to keep it updated with my adventures but I am staying at a place with no internet so updates may be few and far between.

Over the next 3 weeks I will update sporadically to both make sure that this works and to record the buildup for the adventure of a lifetime. I have wanted to go cross country for years and will be glad to finally be living the dream. On top of the 5 weeks in Arizona I will be taking about 2 weeks to drive home, hitting Nevada, the Pacific Coast, Texas, the Dirrty South, and the Easter Seaboard. If you have any requests for me stopping in to visit, or can put me up for a night while I pass through then let me know, I would appreciate it.

Thats all for now, ill try to get in the swing of updating this as regular as I can, but I make no promisies

-O

No comments:

Post a Comment