Sunday, September 20, 2009

Brothership

This weekend has been filled with brotherhood of all types.

Friday night was the rush dinner when we try to recruit new people to join the fraternity. This dinner is always a fun time where we gather and try to meet the new crop of brothers. This year it appears that there are a few 2nd and 3rd years who want to take the step and try to become brothers.

Saturday several of us went out to Rochester for the activation of the Gamma Zeta chapter of Phi Delta Chi. Myself, Neil, and Whitney took my car and left Albany on what had the prospects for a decent road trip. We stopped in Syracuse to have lunch with my brother (also confusingly named Neil) at Dinosaur BBQ. I feel that I am a bit of an expert on que, and these were some of the best ribs that I have had in years. I also stopped at a Tim Hortons for some coffee and was enticed into buying a "Canadian maple" donut, only to fine out that the thing that made it different from their normal maple donut was that it was filled with Boston cream. The irony of Boston cream making something more Canadian was apparently lost on the clerk. After that we continued on to St John Fisher for the activation. Randy, Grassi, and Lexie met us out there, along with Lysiak, Badass, and some brothers from Beta Tau, Beta Nu, and Beta Alpha, and two of the national officers. Everything was pretty standard and by the book, except for the fact that someone (me) cut themselves on broken glass and bled all over. I hope that this chapter can continue to grow and make something out of themselves. I feel pretty previalaged to have been involved with the setup and initiation of this chapter. After a quick stop at Wegmans for all the Wpop gingerale that my car can carry we headed back to Albany. I had forgotten what a long drive it was and how much longer it feels when driving at night, I didnt wind up getting in until almost 4am and had to work the next morning.

Sunday was a pretty standard day at Walgreens. I worked with Lonny and basically did my best to handle the pharmacy while he was giving a ton of flu shots. The initiation of the flu shot program has completely changed the way thing are done, at times when we would just be sitting around talking football a year ago we are now swamped and running around. actually enjoy the fact that we are busy, but I just wish that people could space out and not come in packs to get their shots. After work I watched the end of the Bears and Steelers game and got to see my team win against the defending Super Bowl champs. After that I headed to Graneys to catch some of the Giants/Cowboys game with Goose, Tim, Aaron, Dave, and Johnny. I also had to say goodbye to OD who had come up from Texas for the weekend. Hopefully I will be able to catch up with him on the Epic return roadtrip.

Plans for the Epic Roadtrip have not made much progress, except for the fact that I may not be able to leave early on Wednesday the 7th because of a diabetes screening at my rotation site. This kind of throws a monkey wrench in my plans and may make me readjust my plans, but in the end it should be no big deal. This week looks to be pretty packed with 2 trips home to get my car in for a 10,000 mile checkup (only 4,000 miles overdue) before I take off. I also have to go to a financial seminar and possibly to the beer and chicken wing fest on Friday and oktober fest on Saturday. That's about all for now, maybe ill update later

No comments:

Post a Comment